Friday, March 16, 2007

Reading Like a Writer: A Guide for People Who Love Books and for Those Who Want to Write Them by Francine Prose

If you are reading this post, you probably love to read, and I bet you secretly think you can write a book, or at least a short story.
If you are this person, I urge you to go out, no rush out and get this book. Every chapter is packed with examples and explications of the qualities of good fiction. I have added about ten books to my wish list on Amazon.com -- solely on the basis of her recommendations. She mentions many, many books I have already read. Unfortunately, it makes me want to go back and read all of them again! Too many books, too little time!
An appendix lists well over 100 hundred titles, which she calls, "Books to Read Immediately." Why are you still reading? Go on! Go buy this book and start reading!
--Chiron, 3/16/07

1 comment:

John Tyler said...

Great name for this author. Best I've seen since Brain's Neurology.