Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Quiz Answers

Here are the answers. 23 people had three right, so I will send each a tie breaker question.

2007 marks the first time I have counted the books I read in a single year. I was astounded to find I had read 75 (although, I am reading #76 now, and if I finish by midnight). Check back in a couple of days to see if I made it. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to post a short quiz to start off 2008. This one is all about women. Next time -- something else. I will send a book to the person with the most correct answers by 5:00 PM CST, Monday, January 7th

1. What was Madame DeFarge knitting?
"Things. Interesting things. Shrouds for example."
2. How did Rodolphe send his break up letter to Emma?
By placing a "Dear Jane" letter in a basket of apricots.
3. What job did Lucy Snow have in Belgium?
Teacher
4. Where did Jane wait for a coach to take her to Thornfield Hall?
The Inn at Moreton
5. How did Anna Karennina die?
Threw herself under the wheels of a train.

--Chiron, 1/8/08

No comments: