Saturday, January 09, 2010

My Best Reads of 2009

I simply could not limit myself to ten books. I tried, I really did! My original "long list" had 25. Then I got my short list down to 15. I could not go any lower. This was a great year for reading! Lots of new books -- and a few oldies thrown in for good measure.

My Best Reads of 2009

1. Brooklyn: A Novel by Colm Tóibín
1. Cheever: A Life by Blake Bailey
1. Year of Cats and Dogs by Margaret Hawkins
2. Chester Chronicles by Kermit Moyer
3. Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted by Elizabeth Berg
4. Endpoint by John Updike
5. Fly Away Peter by David Malouf
6. Homer & Langley by E.L. Doctorow
7. People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
7. Radetzky March by Joseph Roth
7. Shroud by John Banville
8. That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo
9. Strangers by Anita Brookner
9. Goldengrove by Francine Prose
10. Defining Moment by Jonathan Alter

No comments: