Friday, May 04, 2007

Flaws in the Glass: A Self Portrait by Patrick White

If you have read my post below of The Aunt's Story, you know of my discovery of Patrick White. Before reading the rest of his novels, I decided to read his autobiography. I also have his letters which I will read during the reading frenzy I am starting today now that I am finished the Spring semester.
This episodic and charming autobiography reveals a lot about White's life, and loves, and relationships. I have a much better understanding of Aunt's Story.
White's novels are quirky, and so is this biography. He reveals a lot of extremely sensitive information about his family and especially his relationship with his parents. I imagine the letters will be equally revealing.
Stay tuned for more on this wonderful novelist.
--Chiron, 5/5/07

No comments: